COVID 19 Resources and Information
We know that these are trying times. This new reality is difficult to manage for many. The dental community is resilient and supportive though, and we’re in this together.
Dentists have many questions right now ranging from staffing to finances. Below is some information that could assist. Keep in mind, that information is changing constantly and we will do our best to keep you updated.
Resources and Information:
- For business owners, EDD’s Work Sharing Program can assist with trying to avoid layoffs.
- The California Franchise Tax Board extended state payment deadlines and tax filings until July 15. Federal taxes also have been delayed to July 15.
- The United States Small Business Administration (SBA) has low-interest disaster loans up to $2 million available for small businesses, landlords and non-profits. As part of the stimulus package, they can be forgiven. Consider filing for these as soon as possible. More information here: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- The SBA site is spotty. Try this link https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ and click the middle “Apply Online” button. This appears to work better.
- As part of these regulatory changes, employers have a new required posting they need to have by April 2, 2020. It can be found here.
- Here is a good blog that answers many questions related to the Department of Labor https://calemploymentlawblog.com.
- The ADA has put together a list of member resources and video presentations: Updates to the COVID-19 Resources for Dentists are happening frequently. The following documents are intentionally not hyperlinked to ensure you are always viewing the most current version on the resources landing page:
· Dentists Guide to Emergency Procedures
· Sample letter to patients
· Patients Guide to Emergency Procedures
· ADA and OSAP Webinar
· COVID-19 Coding and Billing Guidance
· Employment Agreements
• OSHA Guidance Summary: Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
• The ADA Code of Ethics and COVID-19
• JADA Infection Control Resources
- CDA has a Webinar titled COVID-19 and Best Practices for the Dental Team available. To check it out, click on this link.
• Please make sure to frequently visit cda.org/COVID19 for new resources and information.
- If we can help you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact Gail Grimm at firstname.lastname@example.org.